Monday, June 8, 2009

Looking for a New Best Friend!

Welcome to the Annual Notice of what Stephanie is doing for her birthday. This year I won’t be hopping on a plane and heading to any crazy wild place like Vegas or Mexico. I am keeping it a little closer to home, as long as you think 4 hours is close. The theme for this year’s birthday is “Looking For My New Best Friend” except I am not going to go all Paris Hilton on you and make you express your adoration for me on camera (although if you would like to make a tape as my present, I will gladly accept it) or make you do stupid stunts (once again, if you would like to humiliate yourself for my entertainment, I will let you). This year I hope my best friend will be in the form of a shiny new diamond! No, not that kind of Diamond... One I find myself in the mines of Arkansas! Here is the linkey to the mines:

http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/


I want to stay at the Swaha Cabins. This place is located on a lake, they are pet friendly and have boat rentals! There are cabins, cottages and condos at this place. So it seems like it would a great place for relaxing, grilling and lake fun….all with puppies!

http://www.swahacabins.com/index.htm


So here is the tentative schedule:

Thursday, July 23, 2009: Leave Dallas and drive up to the Swaha Cabins. Make it up there, unpack and drink and play some games.

Friday, July 24, 2009: Start the search for the perfect best friend at the Diamond Mines. The mines are open from 8 AM – 8 PM. Yay, plenty of time. Obviously we will get breakfast, lunch and dinner some where in the day. Also, it might be fun to find a local bar at the end of the night. I figure this day is up for grabs on what you want to do.

Saturday, July 25, 2009: Let’s go to the Diamond Mines again! You can never have too many friends! I figure we could do a half day this day and then the other half we could rent a party boat and hang out on the lake near our Cabins. The have some BBQ/Grill fun at night.

Sunday, July 26, 2009: This is all up to you but eventually I will be making my way back to Dallas.

If any of this sounds like fun to you, let me know. I think I will probably book something at the Cabin place next week.

In summary, the plans are diamond hunting, lake fun, puppy fun and more diamond hunting.

Feel free to invite anyone you want. Let me know if you are in.

No comments: