Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Celebration


Well my favorite Dallas celebration has come and gone and I once again have survived. On Saturday, it was the St. Patty's Celebration Parade on Greenville Ave. If you have never been to the parade, you are missing out. They block off the street and everyone comes out with their coolers and crazy attitudes and parties till they drop.

This year started with my 9 AM champage and cranberry. Yum! Ben and I relaxed a little before some of the boys from Ft. Worth came in. Once they got to our apartment, I 'made' breakfast, served beers and waited for more people. Once everyone arrived and I had drank through the entire bottle of champagne, we walked downstairs to CVS to get our official parade gear. I bought shamrock glasses and a shamrock headband, Whitey got his own shamrock glasses and shot glass for his neck while others got snacks and other green gear.

After CVS we walked over to the train and took the ride to Lover's Lane where all the fun begins. This is when we cracked open the coolers and started the drinking. I started the day off with Dave Stach's famous Disco Lemonade and other went for the beers. On the way to the parade, we ran into a little tent that proclaimed that it was a makeshift port o potty. While looking at it in disgust and of course taking many pictures, I ran into Julie from work and her friend and guess what they were looking for? That's right...a bathroom. Had I not been there I would not have believed it, but her friend went into the 3 ft high tent and peed into a bucket. Yep, we even got in on tape.

After the bathroom incident, the group really just decided to focus on drinks. We had beer, we had jello shots, we had maragaritas and more disco lemonade...all while watching the floats come by and try and catch the stupid plastic beads. So after consuming almost all of our drinks in 2 hours, we decided to take an extremely long walk.

We walked probably about 5 miles all the way down to Zymology. Unfortunately for me and not the many cameras around, this is when the 'night' gets fuzzy for me. Here I decided to consume some Ace Pear, Miller Light and split a bottle of Chardonnay with Whitey. Oh dear goodness, Ben should have stopped me. I think Mary Beth also bought me a pizza. Thanks! I am sure it was really amazing as they always are too. Zymology was the best part of the day. I got to hang out with Daryl, MB, Clap, Nick, Mike and Kristen and all the Ft Worth boys...drink more alcohol and even hang out with Ben for a bit.

Then everyone started to leave and somehow Ben got me a ride back to the apartment (which I am not really sure why...I must have been on my best behavior). I had every intention of making it back out for the fun, but I guess my couch wanted to tell me a secret. So I put my ear down on it and the next thing I know....I was waking up at 2:30 AM. I missed the rest of the fun that was being had. :( So although I survived the celebration, I am pretty sure it won.

Stephanie: 0
After Parade Celebration: 1

So next year if you want to hang out again, I promise I will make it past 5 o clock. Next year, 6 o clock!

No comments: