Monday, April 13, 2009

Happenings...

Ok so I figure I should let you in on some updates....

First, remember when I posted that Mary Beth and I were going to work our butts off before Darrah's wedding? Ha! Didn't happen. We did really well for a couple of weeks and then the holidays came, and then the awesome food and vacation punched our Work Out dreams in the face. We did talk about working out, we just never did it.

Then of course there was the article I read about how you can change your life in 30 days. I was gung ho to do sit ups, push ups, paint my nails and wash my face. What I learned...I hate painting my nails. It was a waste of time. I would pick at the paint all day long and curse my nails. Nail painting...lasted one week. I figured I would be awesome with the sit ups, push ups and face washing...but after trying to do drunk push ups at 2 AM quite a few times. I gave up. I lasted two weeks. So, I never changed my life because I didn't give it time.

Now we come to the Lent contract. Mary Beth and I gave up candy, fast food and fried food (all with loop holes mind you) and shockingly enough....We did it! We went the entire 40 days without any of the things we gave up. So you can rest assured the first thing I ate Easter morning was some chocolate my mom brought. Then it was off to brunch where I had some fried food. Then to celebrate, Mary Beth and I went to lunch today and celebrated with more fried food. So yay for us, we finally stuck to something. :)

Best Moment of Today: You would think my best moment of today would have been Mary Beth and I's awesome lunch or pint night at Ben's...but it wasn't. It happened at work. On one of the rare moments that I didn't have my headphones in, I picked up on a conversation next to me. My coworkers were talking about something and somehow it came up that a psuedo invoice was needed. Except I didn't hear psuedo.....I heard PAH SWADE O. Oh yes! It was great....if that wasn't funny enough, when my other coworker corrected the girl for her incorrect pronunciation, she said "Well, it is Spanish so...." Really? Is it because it ends in O? Now I know I haven't been in a Spanish class in a while, but I am pretty sure Pah Swade O wasn't a word I learned. I guess I will have to ask V.

Sylvester: He is pretty much the devil. A cute devil, but the devil nonetheless. His favorite game is to bite your toes as you walk or make the most pitiful whimper while you sleep. Good times. He is lucky he is cute. I just wish his needle teeth weren't so sharp.

Up and coming: Since Mary Beth and I can't be motivated on our own to work out, we have decided to join a boot camp. So starting in May we will be waking up super early and working out at 5:30 AM. So if you live near Victory Park, I apologize beforehand for the high pitched bawling, uncontrolable cussing and neverending complaining you will hear so early in morning. Wish us good luck. We will be torturing ourselves for an entire month, 3 times a week.....at 5:30 AM. Ugh, what have I done....

2 comments:

Veronica Maria said...

hahaha, no, that's not a word and it's really annoying when people think that. makes me want to slap them in the face, not that i'm violent, but at least your sarcasm made me laugh aloud:) i was in dallas this past weekend and i wanted to call you, but apparenlty Easter is a time for family (as my parents pointed out). Who knew?

parents 1, v 0

Stephanie said...

I figured that is what happened....don't worry. One of these days we will hang out again. :D