Sunday, October 26, 2008

I am getting old....

The weekend started off with the most awkward fashion show on Thursday night. Let's just say me and my 4 girl friends weren't very well received at the show, but I wouldn't have given up going up for the world. We saw Dallas' up and coming couture models who really focused on their awesome poses and moves down the 6 foot runway. I would try to explain it but you really had to be there.....but the problem is I am getting old. I had one drink at the bar because I knew I had to be at work the next day. We also left at 9:30 and I am pretty sure I was in bed by 11.

Fast forward to Friday... I really wanted to take a nap as soon as I got home from work because MB and I were going to see MSTRKRFT at House of Blues. The show started at 11. Oh dear god, on a Friday? After work? Well, no nap for me but we were cool enough to hang out until 2:45. So I kind of got "not so old" points but here is the thing...my friend Randy had met the DJs a year ago and they recognized him. I knew he was going to be able to hang out with them back stage, but I decided to peace out of HOB as soon as possible so I could sleep. I would have punched myself in the face for that 2 years ago.

And now Saturday....this was bad. I actually was hoping to stay in. All I wanted to do was hang out on the couch and play on line Texas Hold Em! Agh, not only OLD but now a NERD!!! Thank God it wasn't a possiblity because we helped celebrate John's birthday. So we went dancing and drinking. Funzies....but honestly I wanted to go home because my "long" weekend of partying caught up with me and I was sick....and not the cool drunk sick, but the ""Oh Dear God, somebody punch me in the face so that my head and sinuses will hurt for a reason." Trust me when I say 2 AM couldn't come fast enough....

Needless to say, I have spent the entire day inside on Sunday. Coughing, sneezing and wishing for Death all day long. Now I have to hope my body is ready for a work week because I am still waiting for those benefits to kick in......

2 comments:

Veronica Maria said...

At least you didn't want to stay home on your coach to play Dungeons and Dragons or World of Warcraft...then I'd have to cry for you...

Unknown said...

Nahh you arent getting old. I had gotten off work as well but they dragged me along... I wanted to sleep so bad!