Wednesday, October 29, 2008

In Shape Stephanie, here I come....

As you may know, I am going to the Dominican Republic for Darrah's wedding here in a couple of months. All people have different ways of preparing for a trip to a new country....making sure they have a passport, brushing up on their Spanish, looking for excursions to experience.... Not Mary Beth and I. We are on a mission to get SKINNY! And by skinny, we all know that my bones would never fit into a size 6, but I would love to be able to tone up my saddlebags and wings.

So starting last Monday, Mary Beth and I have been going to the gym at our Corporate office. We started the first day with some fun on the eliptical and then some free weights. 6 months ago, I was a hoss. Free weights for 15 min...No problem. Eliptical? Please, I will run. Now I just want to cry at how out of shape I am. I was sore from the 5 min of lifting up my own fat butt from the ground, let alone a 5 lb dumbell.

You have to start somewhere though. So we have walked for the past two days and are really focused on getting back into shape. We are even planning on working out on Fridays after work. That is dedication. So feel free to send encouraging words for my Get In Shape plan for the next couple of months and hopefully beyond that. If all else fails, I will go to the tanning bed, because everyone knows tan fat looks better than white fat......