Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Road to 29: TOP GOLF TUESDAY

Tuesday was Top Golf fun for my birthday week. After work, we headed over the driving range and prepared for awesomeness. If you have never been nor ever heard of Top Golf, here is the run down. It is a driving range with a bar and kitchen. What makes it special is that all of the balls have sensors in them. There are also huge holes out on the range and when said sensor ball actually goes into a hole, you get points! So for crappy golfers like me, it becomes more of a game rather than practice for hitting balls. :)

All the other times I have been to Top Golf, my game has been horrible. I would get excited when the ball fell off the tee, fell from the second story and then miraculously would go into a hole so I could get points. This time around, the ball hitting gods were with me.

So after we grabbed our free golf clubs, we met up with Angel and Andy in their golfing slot. Since they were in the middle of a game, Angel let me get in some practice swings. Unbeknownst to me, I had acquired professional golfing arms! At least in my head I did. The ball actually flew towards the middle of the range…in the air….and we weren’t even on the second floor!

After their game, we waited for Clap, Mary Beth and Sam. In the meantime, Angel being the fantastic person that she is, bought me 2 dozen cupcakes (don’t judge, I love cake)! She grabbed those and we annihilated about a half dozen in 2 minutes.

Strawberry goodness!
From Top Golf


Chocolate…yum…
From Top Golf


Once everyone arrived, the games began. Since Top Golf is stupid and only let’s five players go at once, the competition was amongst Andy, Mary Beth, Clap, Ben and I. Yep, apparently I lost all skill. I came in last place. Sometimes it looked like I knew what I was doing and other times, it was just embarrassment. Although the best play of the night came from MB, after 4 missed swings she finally made contact with the ball where it flew straight up, hit the ceiling and fell 10 ft in front of us. It was so close that not even golf ball collecting car came near.
On to round two, Sam, Angel, Andy, Clap/Ben and I competed. I am also happy to announce that I came in second place this time with a whopping score of 64! My all time before that was 40, so I am improving! I am thinking maybe Bar Golf helped out too! Watch out LPGA!

Me seeing my future as a professional golfer…
From Top Golf


Ben making a shot…
From Top Golf


Pretty sure this one got MB points!
From Top Golf


Angel this isn’t backwards golfing! She just looks evil.
From Top Golf


We had a lot of fun and I am thinking we should incorporate some Top Golf fun in every month. Let me know if you ever want to join!

No comments: