Friday, July 30, 2010

Road to 29: TWENTY-NINE THURSDAY

It was here. I made it. I only had one more year to enjoy the fact that I was young and in my twenties. Mind you, I would have liked to have started it at little later than I did, but my Mom had to be the first person to wish me a Happy Birthday….by calling at 6:10 AM. Noooo! I still had 10 more minutes before my alarm went off. Oh well, this being my favorite day of the year I guess I could enjoy it for longer then I had anticipated.

After finally getting ready, I made my way to work where rather than just walk around and have everyone say Happy Birthday, I had to get straight to work. I put in a very productive 4 hours with no time wasted on reading stupid stuff on the internet or chatting about nothing with one of my coworkers. But you better believe when the clock hit 12 noon, I was out!

After my strenuous ‘day’ at the office, I went downtown to have lunch with Angel. Being the fantastic friend that she is, she took me out to lunch to a cute little diner/cafĂ©. We gossiped, ate, made plans for future happy hours and Girls Nights Out. The next year was already looking up.

After lunch, it was time for Me time. I went to the nail place next to my house, got a pedicure (which as Angel so lovingly pointed out on Tuesday was much needed) and manicure. It was glorious, until the woman tried to cut my pinky toe off. Oh well, at least the nail polish remover didn’t hurt….oh wait. So after my kind of relaxing pedicure, it was time to shop. So I jetted around my housing area and but not so necessary clothes and shoes. Woo Hoo!

Finally after a couple hours of that, I made my way home. Where I was greeted with presents! Ben bought me some square bowls that I have been saying were needed for the kitchen. After that, I got ready and we headed off to Eno’s Pizza in the Bishop Arts District. Since we were super early for the reservations, we went to the soda shop across the street and had a Cherry Soda.

Then it was off to Eno’s where we waited at the bar for everyone else. We finally went up to our table for more wine, awesome appetizers, salad and pizza. It was soo good. I was so happy that Jessica, Brent, Randy, Erych, Jon and Mary Beth all joined me for the festivities. The food was great, the wine was great and the people were even better.

Later on Brigette met up with us and we made our way to a bakery for some milk and cake! Perfect birthday! Although it was a very non rowdy celebration, it is exactly what I wanted. I finally made my way home where I had to pack for the weekend… that I planned on spending in Cancun!

No comments: