Friday, July 30, 2010

Road to 29: WINO WEDNESDAY

I had one more day to relish in my 28 year old status. So I figured I would enjoy it like a grown up. After work on Wednesday, I headed off the best wine bar in Dallas, Veritas. When I arrived there happened to a party/happy hour in full swing. Lucky for me, I know the bartender and without even having to utter a word, he had my glass of Reisling for me within minutes. Thanks, Ben!

Since the standing space around the bar could only fit heroin-esque models, I scooted myself outside and made the obligatory phone calls while I waited for the rest of my friends. I spoke with my sister for a bit and got to her how she was jealous of my upcoming vacation to Cancun and caught up for a bit.

After a few minutes, my coworkers arrived. So we made our way back into the bar and posted up around the fireplace with the big chairs. We split wine and, of course, had to bitch about work. Then we bitched about everything and anything that came to mind. I also got some advice from Rachel and Finula about what I can expect when I actually turn 30. Some of it was promising and the rest of it just sucked. What do you mean I’m not going to look like Jennifer Aniston in 10 years? Hangovers get even worse than they are now?

So after our bitchfest and doom and gloom you are almost 30 talk, we headed across the street for some Mexican food and margaritas. At least the conversation became more hysterical and less PG-13. It just makes me happy that not EVERYONE could hear us. After dinner, we all parted ways and I went home to prepare for my last year of being in my 20s.

No comments: