Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Laura's Married - Rehearsal Day

About two weeks ago, my sister got married in Austin. It was an amazing wedding and more amazing to see how happy her and Jimmy are. I got to spend a lot of quality time with her and my family and it was fantastic.

On Friday night, we had the rehearsal and then the rehearsal dinner. If you didn’t know any of the family members from either side, there was clear divide at the table we had. That divide was volume…..as you can guess my family is WAY louder than my sister’s new in-laws.

It was such a great dinner. We ‘hated’ on my Dad while he gave his emotional speech to the couple, we drank, ate and drank some more all the while trying to be funnier than the next person. I pretty sure Jimmy's family wanted to take him and run. Although after awhile, I think they finally got used to us.

I, of course, was looking at the painting the entire time and commenting on how freaky they were just looking at me and judging me while I ate. So I decided to join the painting…which of course Jimmy, Laura and Theresa all joined me.

From Laura's Wedding


From Laura's Wedding


Afterwards, we went to Sixth street. We stopped at Pete’s Piano bar. If you don’t’ know, this is my least favorite place of all time. I was super excited to be there…

From Laura's Wedding


Finally we left and made it two doors down to Touche. Oh man, does my family love shots. Especially when they are 1 dollar! Ugh, soooo much drinking.

Flaming Dr. Pepper’s…and they were more than a dollar
From Laura's Wedding


Awful dollar shots…
From Laura's Wedding


After another bar, I set off for home so that I could wake up at 7 AM for the big day. :D

No comments: