Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Viva la Whitey!

Not two days after I got home from New Orleans, Ben and I hopped on a plane to Las Vegas to help my friend Whitey bring in his 30s with a bang. Our Vegas fun started at 8 AM in Vegas. So Ben and I got some breakfast and walked around until everyone else showed up. That is when the gambling began…as many times as I have been to Vegas, I don’t think I have gambled this much.

Our first night we gambled and we let Adam make the worst decision for us. He convinced us all that we needed to drink those awful frozen drinks out of the yard glasses. NEVER AGAIN. He then redeemed himself by introducing us to Slots A Fun. Awesome and cheap gambling. And I won! Only to then walk across the street to Riviera and give them my winnings. So first night… gambling and awful drinks.

Ugh, worst drink container ever…
From Vegas - Whitey's Bday



The next day we gambled some more. I think I took a much needed nap in the afternoon, just to wake up and gamble some more. Ooh, I also rode the roller coaster with Whitey at New York, New York. So much fun! Then it was off to the Whitey’s birthday celebration at the Spearmint Rhino. Yeah, not much to report on there. A couple of us, left early and passed out.

Limo fun on the way to the Rhino:
From Vegas - Whitey's Bday


Then it was gambling AGAIN. Walking more, eating some and of course more gambling. On the last night we decided to hit up Studio 54 at the MGM. FUN!!! I showed awesome dance moves and made random friends for the boys. Mostly though, I danced. Then after getting all liquored up…we gambled some more! Finally passing out around 3ish.

Pre party before Studio 54:
From Vegas - Whitey's Bday


Maybe it is an angry dance move?
From Vegas - Whitey's Bday


Still at Studio 54..
From Vegas - Whitey's Bday


Finally leaving the dance floor…
From Vegas - Whitey's Bday


The next day we took it easy. I gambled a little bit more (what? Vegas is struggling…I am just trying to help.) We screened a new show – Inside Nascar. Worst 90 minutes of television watching ever. Walked around some more and finally went to the airport. All in all it was a great trip. I love that people are going all out of their 30th birthdays….and just so you know, mine will be in Aruba. Start saving now….

No comments: