Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Laura's Married - Wedding Day!

The day of the wedding, we woke up early. We had a few things that needed to be accomplished but it was actually a very smooth day. I had breakfast at the hotel with my Mom, brother, sister and Auntie Bea. We sat around for a bit and talked. We even saw them setting up for the wedding below.

Afterwards, my brother, mother and I all set out for some last minute errands. We picked up a cake topper for my sister, a card box and a pineapple. Now why in the world would you need a pineapple for the wedding? Well, my cousin got married a couple of months ago. At her wedding, she reserved a seat for my grandmother who passed away. My mom was chosen to set some lilies on the seat for her. It was a very emotional time. My mom was crying, I was crying while trying to take pictures… Anyway, for my sister we decided to pick up a pineapple (my grandmother loved them and collected them) for her seat. So while we are talking about it, my mom starts crying while we are trying to check out at the grocery store. That makes me start crying…and of course, believe it or not, my brother starts crying too! All while trying to buy a pineapple.

After that fiasco, I ran the rest of the errands with Ben and my mom and brother went to shuttle people around for hair appointments. I then went to buy decorations to make the pineapple pretty. Soon enough, the day was becoming more about the pineapple than my poor sister.

Finally I got my hair done, went back to the hotel, got ready, set up arrangements for the pineapple (my uncle got to drop it off this year) and helped my sister get ready. We pretty much hung out in the room and a glass of champagne. Finally it was time for the big event…

It was such a pretty ceremony and everything went perfect. I even almost started crying when my sister walked down the aisle…

The pineapple!
From Laura's Wedding


Waiting to walk out…
From Laura's Wedding


They’re married!
From Laura's Wedding


Then it was off to cocktail hour and the reception!

My Dad and I at the cocktail hour
From Laura's Wedding


Drinkie!
From Laura's Wedding



At the reception, I definitely showed off some of my awesome dance moves. Morgan and I even brought back the signature dance move from the bachelorette party. I even gave an AWESOME Maid of Honor speech. Maybe I will even post the video one day…

Awesome dance moves?
From Laura's Wedding


The pineapple is on the dance floor!
From Laura's Wedding


My sister’s dance moves!
From Laura's Wedding


When the reception was over, we decided to end the night in the hotel lobby bar. I showed up with a practically empty bottle of champagne and finished off at the bar. In true Stephanie style, I also decided to let the entire hotel know how loud I can get. Which eventually led to me being cut off by the bartender… Yeah, I wasn’t even drunk. Thanks to my brother though, he talked to the bar manager and got me put back on! It was awesome wedding and night. Can’t wait for the next wedding! Although I can’t promise to control the volume of my voice…

Last drink of the night after getting back on the drinking list
From Laura's Wedding

No comments: