Monday, August 11, 2008

What a weekend....

So after YT's send off party, Ben was great enough to drive the 3 hours to Katy's lake house....at 11:30 at night. I tried to do my best to stay awake to entertain him, but apparently dreaming about talking to someone while they are driving and actually doing it are two different things. Clap even tried add to the conversation and by that just repeat the last sentence he heard and then pass back out.

So we finally get to the Lake around 2 am and by now I am wide awake. So while Ben scavenges for a bed to sleep in, I try to wake up everyone in the house for an after party. That didn't go over so well, so I too went to sleep again.

Of course we are up early and little did I know, but Clap decided it was going to be Spring Break 08 on the dock. As he enjoyed his Drink of the Future and I enjoyed my Summertime at 9 AM, it wasn't long until we were reminiscing of the good ol' days at A&M. In between, we even made it out on the boat. I am surprised the Olympics did not recruit both Clap and I to be on some Water Skiing team (is that even an Olympic event?) because we were AWESOME! Clap showed us a 10 on the Holding-On-To-The-Rope-For-Dear-Life-Even-After-You-Have-Lost-Your-Skiis event. I of course won for the Best Impersonation of a Drunk Person on Skiis (even though I was sober). That's right, I skiied for all of 5 seconds this year. Much better than the 2 seconds I sported Memorial Day.

We then gorged ourselves silly on Hamburgers, hot dogs and even more Drink of the Future and Summertime...where I learned that my sense of humor does not translate well if you have never met me. So I apologize to the ladies for calling them Lesbians. I didn't realize this would make you not want to hang around me for the rest of the day.

So what is the best thing to do after eating and drinking a lot? That's right go Tubing. Ben and I then tied for 1st on Most Time to Get on a Tube. Then of course Ben had to upstage me by having the best Skipping on the water by the seat of your pants/Wipeout. I couldn't compete. I just tumbled a lot and almost lost my bathing suit bottoms. Leave it up to Brent though to have the Shortest Time on the Tube even though he was going for best Wipeout.

This of course is when we all realized we weren't in College anymore. After eating Frozen pizza, most of us either watched the pre season football game or retired to our rooms and read. Oh dear! My 21 yr old self would have punched me in the face.

It was a great weekend though. And to top off the Lake fun. We saw a little gem of Garden decorating on the way home. Move over pink flamingos......



We now have Mannequins!

No comments: