Friday, August 29, 2008

Thank you for making it easier....

I thought it was going to be tough to give my notice especially since our industry and company aren't doing so well. I thought I would bust my ass just to make sure it would be an easy transition for whomever sits at my desk next. And most of all, I thought you guys just might care. So thank you for making it easier for me to walk out the door.

Thanks for coming by my desk and asking how my life was and pretend to genuinely care. I told you all about my boyfriend and how wonderful he is...and I am pretty sure you were gunning for a proposal? Thanks for really getting to know who I am, since that would be the last thing I wanted on my birthday. Thanks for making me believe that you wanted to know all about the trips I planned throughout the 2 and half years I was here and even wanting to see some pictures. You sure did fool me. Because I kept waiting for you to come by yesterday or today and find out what my next steps in life are. So when you gave 1.3 seconds of your day today just to say good morning, I realized that I won't be missed by you. So thanks for making it easier to walk out the door.

As for you my good buddy, I can't wait to get out here because of you. I love the fact that you HATE my enthusiam for things in my life like trips to Vegas and hot pink shoes. I am happy that you never have to hear me laugh at lunch outside of the office ever again. Now you don't have to point out how loud I am, when I am sure that was the first time you ever heard my voice raise over the volume of a controlled whisper. I am glad that I don't have to walk around like the shell of a person you wanted me to be because it just didn't fit how everyone is supposed to act here at work. I will miss how you made me and some of my other coworkers feel as if we just didn't matter. In your eyes, we mean nothing to this department and we are only here to do the bidding of your golden agents. So I really mean it when I say THANK YOU for making it the easiest on me.

I will not miss either of you.

Thanks again. This is going to be a great two weeks. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow if i didnt know you and also read this when you posted this i would have rushed over to take the pills and knife away from you depressed crazy. Anywho i know you are ok so im going to sleep. oh and apparently ive had a gmail for awhile just didnt remember it.