Monday, October 12, 2009

New Hampshire and Boston

It all started with Ben, my mother and I hopping a plane to New Hampshire for my cousin Renee’s wedding. We landed in New Hampshire around 10:30 at night to 40 degree weather. That was a nice slap in the face to the 80 degree weather we left in Dallas. There wasn’t much fun the first night. We met up with my sister (she exists, Veronica) and Jimmy and unpacked and slept.

Then the next morning we all packed into the rental car and made our way to Boston/Weymouth. We visited my grandmother’s old place, played in the park next to it and then visited my grandfather. Then it was back to New Hampshire for Friendly’s and Renee’s rehearsal dinner. It was a very good night especially since Ben and I took advantage of the open bar. Yum!

My Grammie Gram’s place:
From Weymouth and Boston


Park Fun:
From Weymouth and Boston


Friendly’s!
From New Hampshire - Wedding and Fun


From New Hampshire - Wedding and Fun



Then the next day my Auntie Bea came to NH and we went shopping, ate more and drove around more….. After a short day at the mall, we got ready for the wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and Renee was gorgeous. Tim is a lucky man. I had a great time hanging out with my family and taking advantage of the bar…..again. 

Fun with Auntie Bea and Fam:
From New Hampshire - Wedding and Fun


Wedding Fun:
From New Hampshire - Wedding and Fun


From New Hampshire - Wedding and Fun


From New Hampshire - Wedding and Fun


The next morning my sister and her man left and Ben, my mom, Roland and my uncle all made our way back to Boston for some sight seeing and culture. Unfortunately it was raining and we couldn’t do the things we had planned, but it worked out in the end. We went on the Duck Tour (you hop in a WWII DUKW and tour guide takes you around the city and into the Charles River). Ben even got to drive the thing! Then we walked over to Faneiul Hall and Quincy Market for some culture and shopping. We then let my mom and my uncle go back to New Hampshire and Ben, Roland and I continued our tour. We ate at the Oldest Tavern in America, saw the only wood building (Paul Revere’s house) in Boston, ate cannoli’s and other pastries at Mike’s Pastries, had pizza on the North End along with a few cocktails, went back to Quincy Market for some more cocktails. We then decided it would be a good idea to go to the original Cheers. Along our extremely long walk, we stopped at some historical places, the Make Way For Ducklings statues and finally ended at Cheers for …that’s right…another cocktail. Then we finally headed back to NH.

Boston Fun:
From Weymouth and Boston


From Weymouth and Boston


From Weymouth and Boston


From Weymouth and Boston



Finally we woke up the next day at 4 am so we could make our way back to Texas…and I could make my way to New Orleans….

1 comment:

Veronica Maria said...

Woooo! There's a picture of your "sister"!! She does exist! Amazing.