Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tour of Dallas – Fine Dining



The first stop on Ben’s tour was Fine Dining. Believe it or not but Dallas has the most restaurants per capita, even more than New York City….so I had a plethora of restaurants to choose from. To whittle down the competition, I had to figure out what Ben would like to eat.

One of Ben’s favorite meals was in Vegas where he had Veal Porterhouse. So I googled the dish in Dallas and came across Del Frisco’s. I had been to Del Frisco’s in Ft Worth and highly enjoyed my steak and they also own Ben’s favorite steak restaurant so I figured this would be the winner. I checked the menu at the restaurant to see if the Veal Porterhouse was listed. It wasn’t, so I emailed. Sure enough, I got an email back and it was confirmed they had it. Score for me.

So I took Ben to the restaurant and he didn’t really get why I picked Del Frisco’s. So we sit down, look at the menu and I don’t see the Veal Porterhouse. No problem. I tell Ben we came for the Veal Porterhouse which is obviously not on the menu, but the waiter will know about it. So I ask the waiter…..he has never known Del Frisco’s to have Veal Porterhouse, but he’ll ask the Chef. Yeah, well I guess he never knew they had it either… It was official, my carefully planned dinner was not going to work out.

So Ben orders the Lamb Porterhouse and I order the Filet Mignon and two sides. Our waiter still feels bad about the Veal fiasco and asks if I still have the email. I do, so I show him on my phone. Right at that moment, the Manager is over the table and he sees the email as well…

Now commences one of the best dinners we have ever had. To make up for the misinformation, the Manager orders us another round of drinks on the house and 2 more side dishes. Oh man, the food was amazing. We were stuffed but saving room for the dessert I had at home. Too bad for us that the manager wasn’t in on this plan…..next he sends out a special dessert dish by the Chef. It consisted of the Butterscotch Cheesecake, Chocolate Mousse and the Lemon Tart Cake. Everything was so good.

From Bens Birthday


Then when we figured we couldn’t ingest any more, the Manager sent out a flight of Grand Marnier. Ben was in heaven. His favorite was a part of the flight.

So after the drinks, food and dessert we decided to have another after dinner drink in their lounge. It was nice romantic and they also had great live piano music. We finally left before they could offer anything else for us to eat or drink. Great experience!

From Bens Birthday


Of course, when we got home we had to eat some of the awesome cake that Jon made and Ben opened his presents. I don’t think we have ever been so full in our lives. We didn’t even have the energy to have any Wii fun. :D

So here’s to Fine Dining in Dallas!

No comments: