Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tour of Dallas - History


The stop on our Tour of Dallas was History. One of the most important pieces of history that is associated with Dallas is “The Day Stephanie Moved To Dallas.” Just kidding. Actually it is the day that JFK was assassinated.

So at 9:50 AM, Ben and I walked down to the Sixth Floor Museum. I was sure we would be the first ones in there if not the only ones for a while. I was wrong. Did I mention that our Tour of Dallas happen to coincide with the TX/OU weekend festivities? No? Yeah, that is because I am trying to forget about it.

Anyway, sure enough we walk in and I see a cluster of Burnt Orange. Ugh… We hurriedly buy our tickets, grab our headset and take the elevator to the Sixth floor. Lucky for me, there was more Burnt Orange. :-/ Oh goodie.

Aside from trying to see around some people, it was a good time. If you have never been to the museum, I highly recommend it. It takes you through the early days of JFK’s administration, through the few days before, obviously day of the assassination and also goes into some of the theories surrounding his death. You see videos, pictures and even some memorabilia from the day.

We ended up spending about an hour and half walking through. I have been before I took Ben, but I assure you I learn something new each time I go. Once again, this is a really great museum and only $14. Completely worth it!

And that concludes our Tour, Ladies and Gentleman…

No comments: