Friday, October 23, 2009

Tour of Dallas - Live Music


Ben’s third stop on the tour was to see some live music. I tried to throw him off by mentioning awesome venues like the House of Blues, American Airlines Center, Deep Ellum…so all day he was trying to figure out where we were going and who we were going to see….

Lone Star Café & Club was the winner for the night! Wha? Never heard of the rockin’ venue? Neither had I, until I found out a Led Zeppelin tribute band would be playing there. Since Led Zeppelin is Ben’s favorite band, we had to go there.

On the way there, through the country Ben was completely stumped. Even when we pulled into the strip mall where the ‘Club’ was I think he still thought I was kidding. Finally we walked in and he saw the ‘stage’ and band’s equipment with all of the LZ symbols on it. Needless to say he was excited.

Little did he know that earlier in the month, I sent out an evite inviting our friends to join us for the surprise birthday stop. He was ready to have an evening out with me, when Jessica and Brent walked in. That’s when he figured out the plan. Not only did Jessica and Brent make it out for the random fun, so did Ryan, Clap, Jon and Erych. It also worked out that his brother happened to be in town and made a surprise visit as well.

Ben and his brother Lucho
From Bens Birthday


I think they had too many mini pitchers of Beer
From Bens Birthday


The Gang
From Bens Birthday


The Rockin’ Band
From Bens Birthday



Needless to say the band was very loud and played forever. Ben had a good time and enjoyed the music. He even stripped down a bit to show the lead singer is LZ tattoos. Not only did he get pictures but so did I (unfortunately Ben has banned me from posting them). I was just happy the club was still open and the band was still scheduled to play.

Afterwards Clap, Ben and I made our way to the Regal Beagle for so more drinking. It was a lot of fun and I even ‘attempted’ to play Ring on a Hook. In case you are wondering, you try to get a ring on a hook. Easy concept, hard (for me) to play. Clap, of course, did it in two tries. I had to physically walk the hook to the ring so I could ‘win.’

All in all it was a great night, I got to hang out with friends, listen to random music and even discovered that Clap and Ben have a college ‘friend’ in common. What a small world….

No comments: