Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tour of Dallas - Shopping & The Arts


There is one thing that people in Dallas love to do and that is shop. We have so many different shopping areas: North Park, West Village, The Shops at Legacy, The Galleria. I mean we are home to Neiman Marcus, JCPenney and Fossil. So needless to say we aren’t hurting for places to shop.

Since Ben loves ties, I figured I would take him to this tie shop that I saw in some random email. It was called Tiecoon. So while at work, I googled the place and tried to get some more info. That is when I found out it was closed. Yep, that was the whole reason we were going shopping. So then I found a place called The Tie Shop. That was to be our new destination….

So off we went after work to find The Tie Shop. Apparently it was in the Galleria, so once we walked in, I searched for it…only to find out that it too had been closed. So our shopping consisted of walking around the Galleria and looking at expensive clothing and TIES! So at least he saw some…

After the Galleria we headed on over to the Dallas Museum of Art. The best part about going on Thursday is that they have jazz in their atrium, are open till 9 PM and it is free! We had a great time and saw some super old art (as can be expected) and some newer stuff that I am still trying to figure out. All in all it was a good night and I didn’t feel robbed like I did when we went to go see King Tut (in case you didn’t go…he wasn’t even there nor was his mask nor anything really cool worth seeing for $38).

So even though there were a few bumps, Shopping & The Arts was a success and fun.

No comments: